Australia Skilled Subclass 489 Visa
Those looking out for a temporary visa have the option of Sub Class 489. This visa is for four years
The features of the visa
- This visa is for skilled workers
- It lets them stay and work in Australia for four years
- The skilled workers can work only in regional or low-population growth metropolitan areas of Australia with this visa.
- The person can apply for this visa in three ways, the Extended stay pathway, the Invited pathway and the Subsequent entry pathway
- This visa can pave the way for permanent resident visa (subclass 887)
The eligibility criteria for the visa
For the extended stay pathway the applicant needs to have subclass 475, 487, 495 or 496 visas.
- In case of invited pathway the applicant has to be nominated by an eligible relative in Australia or he needs to be nominated by a legal employer in Australia
- The Subsequent entry pathway is for those applicants who have a family member who already has a Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489) or a subclass 475, 487, 495 or 496 visa
- The applicant needs to have a minimum of 60 points in the point tests.
- The person needs to have an eligible occupation and he needs to submit the results of skills assessment for that occupation
- The applicant needs to have good command on the English language.
- The applicant needs to be less than 45 years of age
Process for each of the pathways
The invited pathway
- The applicant needs to submit an expression of interest in the skills select
- The applicant needs to mention specifically if he is invited by an eligible family member or if he wants to be invited by a State or territory.
- If the applicant has received nomination from a relative, then he will be invited to apply for the visa
- Once the applicant gets a nomination from a State or territory he will be invited to apply for the visa.
For the Extended Stay Pathway and the Subsequent entry pathway if the applicant meets the eligibility criteria then he can apply for the visa.
In case of State and territory nominated visas the processing time can be anywhere between 5 months to 8 months. The processing time for Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489) may vary and will depend on different factors
Some additional formalities that need to be fulfilled by the applicants:
- The applicant needs to submit the character certificate
- The applicant needs to submit the health certificate
- The applicant must not have any outstanding debts with the Australian government.
- If your earlier visa application was rejected then there are chances that even this visa application may get rejected.
Benefits of the visa
- The person can stay with his family in Australia for a period of four years
- The person can study and work in specific regions of Australia
- During the validity period of the visa the person can travel in and out of Australia as many times as he wants
- This visa can be a pathway for permanent residency through Skilled-Regional (Residence) visa (subclass 887).
Expression of interest
Those skilled workers who want to apply for this visa but do not have any nomination from a family member of employer can upload their profile on Skills Select for free. They need to give clear details about their occupation, skills, experience, qualifications etc. If a State or territory finds the profile eligible then you can be selected and you may get a chance to apply for this visa. You can submit the EOI from outside of Australia or from Australia. You can make changes to the EOI before you get the invitation to apply for the visa.
IRA immigration services for proper guidance
If you wish to get proper details about the visa application process then you must get in touch with our experts at IRA immigration. They will explain all the details and formalities of the visa. They shall help you make the right choices and will guide you through out the visa application process.
Canada Tourist Visa
Canada Express Entry
CRS Points Calculator
Canada FSW Program
Canada PNP Program
Canada Super Visa
Canada Express Entry Occupation List
Canada FSW Selection Criteria
IELTS band score
Quebec Skilled Worker Program
SINP In-Demand Occupation List
Canada Student Visa Process