An overview of Australia PR points calculator
Australia is a land of opportunities for people with the right qualifications and skillsets. There some permanent residence visa categories of Australia which are based on the points system. The subclass 189 and subclass 190 are based on the point-based system. To get a better idea about the points that the applicant needs to score check the Australia pr points calculator.
Here’s how you can score the points for subclass 189 and 190:
The candidate will get points in the SkillSelect based on different factors. The aim has to be to score number points as this will increase the chances of getting invited to apply for the PR visa. Let us check each factor in detail:
Here the candidate has the chance to score a maximum of 30 points. The point allotment is as follows:
- 18-24 years 25 points
- 25-32 years 30 points
- 33-39 years 25 points
- 40-44 years 15 points
2. English language proficiency:
Here the candidate can score a maximum of 20 points. The score has to include the reading, writing, speaking and listening skills. Here are the details of the points that one can receive for the different accepted English language proficiency tests.
- Test Competent Proficient Superior
- IELTS 6 7 8
- PTE 50 65 79
- OET C B A
- Toefl iBTL-12, R-13, W-21, S-18 L-24, R-24, W-27, S-23 L-28, R-29, W-30, S-26
- CAE 169 185 200
- Points 0 10 20
3. Employment outside Australia:Here the candidate can score a maximum of 15 points. The points will be awarded based on the number of years of experience. The details are as follows:
- Number of years of experience Points
- Less than 3 years 0
- 3-4 years 5
- 5-7 years 10
- 8-10 years 15
4. Employment in Australia:In this factor, the candidate can score a maximum of 20 points.
Years of experience Points
- Less than 1 year 0
- 1-2 years 5
- 3-4 years 10
- 5-7 years 15
- 8-10 years 20
- In the education factor, the candidate can score a maximum of 20 points. A candidate with a Doctorate from a recognised university can score the maximum number of points that are 20.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree can get the candidate 15 points. A diploma or a trade qualification that has been completed in Australia can help the candidate get 10 points. An award or qualification recognized by the relevant assessing authority for your nominated skilled occupation can also help the candidate score 10 points in the education category.
- It must be noted that education and employment have to be assessed by the authorised assessment company. Only then the candidate will be awarded the points in that category.
- Those applicants who have studied in Australia can score a maximum of 5 points. To score these points the candidate must have at least one degree, diploma or trade qualification from an Australian educational institution that meets the Australian study requirement.
- Special education skills can also help the candidate get 5 points. To get these points the candidate must have a Masters’s degree by research or a Doctorate from an Australian educational institution that included at least two academic years in a relevant field.
The spouse skills points:
- This category has been introduced in the new point system from November 16th, 2019.
- In the case of single (Unmarried) people, the points allotted are 10
- In the case of Spouse is Australian Citizen or PR holder10 points are allotted
- Spouse has Positive Skill Assessment, Job code is in the same occupation list as primary, competent English and is less than 45 yrs old in that case 10 points are awarded.
- Spouse has no Skill Assessment but is competent English then 5 points are awarded.
Here are the details about how you can score additional points:
If you have applied for the Australia pr visa category that is based on the point system then you have a chance to score 15 additional points. The details are as follows:
- Accredited in community language (E.g. NAATI test) you can get 5 points
- Study in regional Australia or a low population growth metropolitan area that meets the Australian study requirement you can get 5 points
- Professional year in Australia (E.g. Professional training like ACS PYear program) you can get 5 points
- State Nomination (190 visas) you can get 5 points
The minimum points required to apply for Australia permanent resident visa:
The candidate has to score a minimum of 65 points only then his application will be considered for the invitation to apply for the PR visa for Australia. The candidate must try and score as many points as possible. This is because better the points better will be the chances of getting the invitation to apply for the permanent resident visa.
Steps to apply for the PR visa:
- First of all, check if you are scoring the required number of points that is you need to score 65 or more points.
- If you do have the required number of points then you have to get your skills assessment done through a designated authority.
- Next, the applicant has to submit the expression of interest that is EOI
- If the application of the candidate is accepted then he will get the invitation to apply for the permanent residence visa. Within 60 days of acceptance of the application, the candidate has to apply for the visa along with all the required documents.
The processing time:
As you can see that there are different stages in the permanent residence application. Specific time will be required for the completion of every stage. As for the processing time of the application, it may vary from application to application. The candidate must always make sure that he submits the completed application along with all the documents.
Keep in mind that if there are any discrepancies in the application then it can lead to the rejection of the application and the candidate will have to reapply and will have to go through the entire cumbersome process all over again.
Key requirements for Indians who want to move to Australia:
- All the education certificates
- English language proficiency test scores
- Work experience certificates
- Medical certificate to prove that the candidate is in best of health
- Police verification certificate to prove that the candidate is of a good character and has no criminal background.
- Proof of funds like bank statements, cash, shares, etc
- All the relevant travel documents like passport, permission to migrate to a different country from the authorities, etc
- In addition to the above documents, the applicant must submit any other document that the Australian visa authority may request.
For hassle-free application contact IRA immigration:
There are chances that some of you may find the entire point system and the application format very confusing. But there is nothing to worry about if you contact us. We at IRA immigration have been providing the best services for the past many years. We have a dedicated team of visa and immigration experts for Australian immigration. It is due to the quality services that we offer that we are considered to be one of the most reliable Immigration consultants in India.
Here’s how our professional experts will assist you!
- They will first check your profile.
- Next, they will check the number of points that you can score.
- If you are scoring the required number of points then our experts will help you understand the rest of the procedure
- In case you fail to score the required number of points then our experts will give you tips on how you can improve your points tally so that you can apply for the Australian permanent resident visa.
- Those candidates who are eligible will get assistance in submitting an expression of interest.
- Our experts will answer all queries and doubts that the client has about Australian visas.
We have successfully helped many candidates to apply for different types of visas and will be more than happy to assist you as well. If you are keen to get the complete details about migrating to Australia then connect with us immediately.
Here is how you can connect with us!
IRA immigration has its corporate office at Janakpuri and branch office at Nehru Place in New Delhi. At both these places, we offer all types of visa and immigration services. We have a dedicated team of consultants for Australian immigration at both these places. Our experts are well versed with all the Australian visa and immigration formalities. Our high success rate indicates the quality of our services.
So, if you want any assistance for Australia PR points calculator then call us or walk into any of our offices. We will provide all the assistance that you need. Our experts will not just explain the visa process but they will make sure that you can apply for the visa without any difficulty. You will get assistance for online and offline activities from our immigration experts. So connect with us now!
- Canada Immigration
- SINP In-Demand Occupation List
- Canada PR Visa
- Quebec Immigration
- Nova Scotia Occupation List
- National Occupational Classification
- Canada Tourist Visa
- Comprehensive Ranking System
- Canada FSW Program
- Canada Entrepreneur Program