FSW selection criteria – Point System
FSW selection criteria – Point System
The Federal Skilled worker Programme is a point based programme. The candidate needs to score certain number of points in order to get selected in the Express entry system under the FSW Point System programme.
The candidates must note that it is mandatory for them to meet the Federal Skilled Worker Selection Criteria. Only then their application will be accepted in the pool of applications. The candidates must also note that getting the minimum number of points does not assure selection. It only assures that you are eligible to get an invitation to apply for the PR visa, In order to improve the chances of getting the invitation the candidate must try and get more points from the different parameters of FSW Point System. The candidate needs to score 67 or more points.
Different parameters for the FSW Point System:
- The international skilled worker category is for those skilled workers who have the required qualification and work experience and are willing to settle down in this province.
- The Saskatchewan Experience Category is for those immigrants who are working in Saskatchewan and want to settle down in this province.
- The entrepreneur and farm category is for those immigrants who want to start their own business in the province.
- There are two official languages of Canada. One is English and second is French. It is mandatory for the candidate to have proficiency in one or both languages. The candidate’s reading, writing, speaking and listening skills are considered. The candidate can get up to 28 points.
- The candidate needs to take an approved language test for the purpose.
- The Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB) for English and Niveaux de competence linguistique canadien (NCLC) for French are considered for the FSW Point System.
- Under this parameter the candidate can get upto 25 points in the FSW Point System
- Those candidates who have studied in Canada must have the certificates from the school or the university.
- Those candidates who have degrees from foreign universities have to submit an educational credential assessment report from an authorised body.
- Phd holders can get the maximum points that are 25. While the Canadian diploma holders get 5 points.
The candidate can get up to 15 points for work experience. The candidate needs to have at least one year experience in the selected occupation. Work experience of more than 6 years can get the candidate maximum points in this category of FSW Point System.
With the FSW Point System the age factor can help the person score a maximum of 12 points. The candidate needs to be more than 18 years of age and less than 47 years of age. Those candidates who are in the age group of 18 to 35 years can get the maximum points.
Employment from a Canadian employer can help the candidate get an additional 10 points in the FSW Point System.
This criteria can also help you get around 10 points. You spouse’s language levels or past study in Canada or arranged employment in Canada etc can help the candidate get more points in the FSW Point System.
If the candidate has a relative in Canada who is a PR or citizen of Canada then the candidate can get additional points. The candidate needs to be 18 years or more. It must also be noted that only certain relations are considered in this category like sibling, parents etc
The FSW Point System is a complicated point system. One needs to know all the details in order to ascertain that they can score more points. The candidate has to attempt to score more points in order to improve his ranking and chances of getting invitation to apply for the visa. Our executives have the complete details about the various Canadian visa programmes. They will be able to assist you in the best possible way.