Student Direct Stream (SDS) VS Non Student Direct Stream (Non-SDS)
If you are looking forward to pursuing your higher education or a technical degree from Canada such as a Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree you might end up spending time trying to figure out the difference between SDS and Non-SDS. Let’s have a look on what is this:
What is SDS?
The Student Direct Stream (SDS) in other words is known as the Students Partner Program (SPP). An initiative generated by Canadian Immigration Services. As per the SDS criteria, student visa applications are processed quickly and directly if they are looking to study in Canada. However, you can only submit your SDS application using an online medium. Apart from this, students must have to meet certain requirements set by the Immigration Refugees Citizenship Canada under the SDS category.
SDS Visa Requirements
As the SDS visa requirements are concerned, here are some points for you.
- Language Proficiency Test
The language proficiency test is set to test you ability to communicate in English, or adapt English. You need to qualify an English Proficiency Test under the SDS category. Applicantshave to appear for IELTS Academic or other tests accepted in Canada on behalf of IELTS. In each of the sections, you would need to score a minimum of 6.0 bands.
- Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC)
You have to deposit $10000 (CAD) or more as a Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC). This money helps in ensuring that you are secured in Canada and have enough additional resources to fund for the extra expenses. You will get this money once you reach the country. Some of the banks that offer GIC include SCOTIA, ICICI, and SBI.
If you want to apply for a student visa in Canada, you must have a valid passport. If the date of the passport expires, your study permit, temporary resident visa (TRV), and any other type of document will not be issued from Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
- Tuition Fee
It is mandatory for you to secure your admission and pay the entire tuitionfees 1st year. If not, you can be denied to the study visa.
- Letter of Acceptance
The applicants after the confirmation of examination and payment of 1st year tuition fees received a letter of acceptance from the Designated Learning Institute (DLI) where they apply for their further education. Some of the colleges and universities are authorized as DLIs by the Canadian provincial and territorial government.
- Educational Documents
The applicant is entitled to submit all the previous academic certificates, achievements and experience which are genuine and complete. The documents may include the 10th certificate, 12th certificate, diploma, and graduation (if any).
- Medical Examination
The applicant also needs to submit a document that will be validated as proof of a medical examination. The check-up will include a full-body examination.
- Statement of Purpose
Statement of Purpose (SOP) plays an extremely vital role in a student visa. An applicant have to draft SOP for both SDS and non-SDS. It is more like an explained sheet in which you have to briefly explain why you are choosing a particular course in the college in Canada.
- Digital Picture
The applicant needs a digital picture to attach with the application online, and the picture has to be 80% zoom on white background, and 35X45.
What is Non-SDS?
The Non-SDS ( Non Student’s Direct Stream) refers to a general category for the visa application to apply for studying in Canada. According to this approach, candidates who are not able of meeting the SDS requirements get a chance to apply for study in Canada. The requirements will also be different as more documents may be required under the non SDS category.
Non-SDS Document Requirements for Visa Application
- Valid and authentic academic transcripts, including the 12th mark sheet with a minimumscoring of at least 55% aggregate marks for undergraduate courses.
- Bachelor’s/ undergraduate degree of advanced diploma, applicants must have a minimum score of 50% or above to obtain postgraduate courses.
- English proficiency test scores with IELTS of minimum 6.0 for UG and overall of 6.5 in each module for PG is mandatory.
- Acceptance letter from the colleges showing your details provided are right, participating under Non-SDS are must.
- Proof of previous work experience and payslips of the last 3 months.
- Substantial proof of financial funds covering bank savings, student loans, and investments, etc. should be attached with the Application.
- Income tax return documents or form 16 either of the candidate or the sponsor is a must.
- Receipt of tuition fees should be attached.
- Medical test certificates showing that the applicant is fit is must.
Why Choose SDS over Non-SDS?
Now you have all the idea about which is between both SDS and Non-SDS, and it won’t be wrong if we’ll say SDS is more better, but why?
Here we have briefed the reasons why the SDS stream is considered better than Non-SDS for visa application. Have a look on that:
- Convenient Documentation Procedure: Under the SDS category, candidates don’t have to submit many documents to provide financial eligibility. Whereas in the Non-SDS approach, the number of documents is more.
- Quick and secured Processing: SDS approach is streamlined and simple as compared to Non-SDS. The entire time duration takes around 45 days.
For more updates related to SDS or Non SDS, you can visit our website IRA immigration.com, or can connect with our professionals anytime during the business hours. We would be happy to serve you.