Calculate 67 points for Canada PR Visa
Are you a skilled worker who wants to migrate to Canada and become a PR or citizen of Canada? Then you must be thinking of applying for the Federal Skilled Worker Programme which is based on the Express Entry system which is a point-based system. To be eligible to apply for the express entry system you have to score a minimum of 67 points out of 100. If you want to know how to calculate 67 points for Canada PR then you are in the right place.
Factors on which the candidate is evaluated for the express entry program:
There are 6 main factors on which the evaluation is done and there are some points allotted to each of the factors.
- In the age criteria, the candidate can score a maximum of 12 points.
- For education,the maximum points allotted are 25
- English and/or French language proficiency the maximum number of points that are allotted is 24.
- In the work experience criteria, the candidate can score a maximum of 15 points
- In the adaptability aspect candidate stands a chance to score a maximum of 10 points
- In the case of arranged employment you have a chance to get additional 10 points but keep in mind that this is not a mandatory criterion.
Check the reasons why scoring 67 points out of 100 is mandatory for becoming eligible to apply for Canada PR:
Canada wants more skilled foreigners to come to Canada and contribute to the economic development of the country. The IRCC wants that these candidates meet specific requirements and have a certain level of expertise and skills. To evaluate these aspects Canada has come up with the Express entry program so that Canada can choose the best candidates for immigration to Canada.
Now let us check more details about the 67 point system:
Next, we are going to discuss how to calculate 67 points for Canada PR:
- The maximum points that you can score in the age factor is 12 points and candidates who are in the age group of 18 years to 35 years are eligible to get a high score in the age factor. As your age increases the number of points that you can score in this criteria decreases.
- In the work experience category, you can get a maximum of 15 points and if you have work experience of 6 years or more then you have a better chance of getting a higher score. Also if you have worked for 30 hours per week for the entire year then also you have a chance to get a high score in this category.
- In the language criteria, you have the scope of scoring a maximum of 28 points. If you are proficient in both English and French language then you have a chance of scoring more points in the language proficiency category. English language proficiency tests like CELPIP and IELTS and French language proficiency tests like TCF and TEF and the scores for the same have to be submitted.
- Based on education the applicant can get a maximum of 25 points. The officials evaluate the education qualification of the candidate with the aid of regulatory bodies like the World Education Services or WES and the points are allotted accordingly. With a master’s degree, you have a chance to score as high as 23 points and if you have a doctorate then you can get the full 25 points.and if you have just a high school education then you can just 5 points.
- In the adaptability criteria, the applicant can score additional 10 points and these points are given if the candidate has a sibling or relative who is already a PR or citizen of Canada. If you have previous work experience in Canada in a skilled occupation then also you are eligible to get these additional points.
- In the arranged employment criteria the candidate can score a maximum of 10 points and for this, the candidate must have an employment offer letter for a full-time position from a Canadian employer and a minimum experience of 1 year.
Age maximum score 12 points:
|Age in years||Points|
|Less than 18 years||0|
|18 to 35||12|
|47 and more||0|
English language proficiency maximum score of 24 points:
|CLB 9 AND CLB 10||24|
French language proficiency maximum score 4 points:
CLB Level 4: Maximum points allotted are 4.
Education credentials maximum points 25:
|Bachelor degree 21||21|
|3 years diploma after higher secondary||20|
|3 years diploma after high school||15|
Work experience in occupation from the skilled occupation list: Maximum points allotted 15:
|2 to 3 years||11|
|4 to 5 years||13|
|6 years and above||15|
Adaptability maximum 10 points:
|Partner CLB 4 or higher||5|
|Previous work experience or qualification of the spouse||5|
|Canadian work experience in a skilled occupation( minimum 1 year)||10|
Want to know how you can improve your Express entry score?
- If you get a score of less than 67 then you cannot apply in the express entry system. With 67 points you are eligible to create your express entry profile. But for getting the PR visa you have to try and score a higher number of points so that you have an edge over the competitors and you have a better chance of getting selected for the applying for the PR visa in Canada.
- For this, you have to focus on factors where you have a chance to score more. For example, you have no control over your age and hence you can do nothing to improve the number of points that you get in this category.
- But in the case of language proficiency, education qualification, and work experience you can try and score more points. For this, you have to try and improve your English and/or French language proficiency test scores. You must try and get a higher qualification. It is also an added advantage if you have good work experience in a skilled occupation.
Important things that you cannot ignore:
- Having a score of 67 does not guarantee that you will get an invitation to apply for Canada PR Visa. Many other factors are considered and you also need to have a high score to have a competitive edge.
- The occupation that the candidate selects has to be listed in the National Occupational Classification list.
- Based on your profile you have to choose the right immigration program for which you are eligible.
Have you connected with a visa and immigration company for complete details of the express entry system?
- Overall the express entry system is a very confusing aspect and it can be really difficult to understand how to calculate 67 points for Canada PR. Instead of getting confused, it is better to connect with an experienced and professional visa and immigration company.
- When you approach the experts of the visa and immigration company they will check the profile of the candidate and they will check the points that the candidate has scored. Based on these details the experts will tell the candidate if he is eligible to apply for the PR visa for Canada.
- If the candidate is eligible then the experts will tell the candidate how to apply for the Canada PR visa and they will tell him about all the documents that have to be submitted. The best visa and immigration company will provide all the guidance and support that the candidate needs to apply for the PR visa for Canada.
- In case the candidate is not eligible then the visa and immigration expert will tell the candidate about the reasons due to which he is not eligible and the experts will also give him tips that can increase his chances of becoming eligible to apply for the PR visa.
- If the candidate has not scored enough points then the visa and immigration experts will tell the candidate how he can score more points.
But all this is possible only when the candidate approaches one of the trusted and top visa and immigration companies that has years of experience in the visa and immigration industry. You have to choose a company that has experts who are well versed in all the important aspects of Canada visas.
IRA immigration is one company that has been in the visa and immigration industry for many years and they have a dedicated team of experts for Canadian visas. These experts are well versed with all the minute details of the formalities associated with the different Canadian visas. So, if you want to get precise details about how to calculate 67 points for Canada PR then connect with the visa and immigration experts of IRA immigration right away.