Detailed information about UK tourist visa
You can travel to the UK only if you have a valid visa. Visitors who want to visit the UK for a short period will have to apply for the UK Tourist visa. It has to be noted that one will have to fulfill all the requirements that are mandatory for getting this visa.
A look at the 2 types of visit visas:
- It must be noted that there are 2 types of visit visas for the UK.
- One is a short-stay visa. This will allow the individual to stay in UK for a period of 6 months. If you are planning to visit UK as a tourist and spend a holiday in the UK then you will have to apply for this visa.
- There is a long term visit visa. This can be for a period of 2.5 to 10 years. In this case, the visitor will have to show that he may have to visit the UK frequently and the reason for these frequent visits will be the same.
Eligibility criteria for the UK tourist visa:
- The applicant will have to submit proof that he will return back to the home country on the planned date.
- The applicant will also have to submit proof of funds to show that he has enough funds to support himself and his dependents during his stay in the UK
- The applicant needs to submit the details about the activities that he will be involved during his stay in the UK. It must be noted that these activities have to be within the permitted criteria of tourist visa.
- In case the applicant is applying for long term tourist visa then he will have to submit proof that he will have to visit the UK many times and he will also have to prove that the reason for the frequent visits is going to be the same.
- If the applicant is planning to come to UK for medical treatment then the applicant will have to give all the details about the treatment and will also have to convince the visa authorities that he will leave the UK on the completion of the treatment.
- The applicant will have to submit a valid passport and any other travel document that is requested by the visa authorities.
- It must be noted that if any document is not in English or in Welsh then the applicant has to make sure that he submits the translated document.
- The applicant will have to submit proof of funds in order to show that he has enough funds to support himself and his dependents during his stay in the UK.
- Any other document depending on the purpose of the visit will have to be submitted. For example, if the person is visiting the UK for private medical treatment then the supporting documents for the same need to be given.
- Health certificate and character certificate.
- The Visit and Short Term Stay (VAF1A) Form will have to be downloaded from the official website. Before filling up the form one must read all the instructions that are mentioned on the top of the form.
- The form has to be filled in English and the applicant can use only black or blue ink to fill the form.
- There are different details that the applicant will have to fill in the form. This will include personal details like name, gender, marital status etc. The applicant will also have to fill family information and employment information.
- In the application form, the applicant will have to give the details about the objective of the visit, the duration of stay. The applicant will also have to give details about the travel dates that is the date when he will enter the UK and the date when he will leave UK.
- In the application form, the applicant will also have to give details about earlier overseas travel, details about earlier UK visits etc.
- If the applicant has any record of criminal history in a foreign country then the same has to be mentioned.
- It must be noted that the applicant must only give correct information. Any wrong information can lead to the rejection of the application.
- The applicant will have to fill up the online application form.
- Once the applicant submits the form he will be given an appointment for submitting the bio metric information. The fingerprints and photograph of the applicant will be taken during the bio metric information session.
- Next, the applicant will have to submit the filled form along with all the supporting documents and will have to also pay the visa fees at the visa application center.
- The applicant will be given an acknowledgement after the successful submission of the form along with the documents. The applicant has to submit this acknowledgement at the time of collection of the submitted documents.
- The applicant will normally get to know about the status of the application after 3 weeks.
If you do not want this to happen then it is better to take assistance from UK Tourist visa experts. Your search for one of the most reliable visa services provider ends with IRA immigration. We have been providing the best visa and immigration services from past many years.
For details about Tourist Visa for UK or any other visa, you can contact our team of experts. Our visa specialists will provide the best assistance. You can meet our experts personally or you may even speak to them on the phone.