Canada is certainly one of those countries where you can live without too much worry. Besides, it’s also a great career destination. Every year, nearly 300,000 people migrate to Canada from different countries with a permanent residency visa. A lot of people still aspire to immigrate to this multi-cultural country to give a fresh start to their lifestyle. A valid PR card gives you permission to live in Canada for an indefinite period.
Getting access to the Canada permanent residency visa entitles you to multiple benefits including education, health care, and safety, among others. In fact, you will enjoy most of these rights alongside the Canadian citizens. As an Indian, if you wish to visit Canada with a permanent residency visa, you are required to stay in the country for two years at least out of the total limit of five. If you do not live there for the minimum period of 2 years, your permanent residence status would be cancelled.
Applying for Canada permanent residency visa
The IRCC (Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada) offer Indian citizens with multiple ways for acquiring a Canada Permanent Resident visa
. You can also consult your Canada Immigration Visa Consultants for better assistance, as they have a clear understanding regarding the entire process. If you are an eligible candidate, you may apply for a PR visa card using some of the below-mentioned programs. These happen to be some of the most popular visa programs. They are Provincial Nominee Program (PNP), Express Entry, Family Sponsorship, Quebec Skilled Worker, etc. For each program, you would have to follow an entirely different process. You should also be aware of all the rules and regulation stated by the CIC. Failing to do so would make your application void.
Recently, the Citizenship Immigration Canada (CIC) has introduced an all-new program, known as the Federal “Express Entry” Program. I fact, this particular program happens to be one of the most favourite programs for the general public in India, given its simple application procedure. This online program takes individual points and scores into account and nominates applicants on the basis of certain factors such as education, adaptability, age, and work experience, to name a few. Immigrating to Canada had never been so easier before. The introduction of ‘Express Entry’ Program has undoubtedly made the process more transparent than it used to be.
Everything you need to know about Canada Permanent Resident Card
The Canada PR Visa makes a candidate legally eligible for living in Canada for an indefinite period of time. The Canadian Permanent Residency card is issued to those applicants who are not Canadian citizens, however, have enough potential of adding value and input to the country’s economy.
In order to become eligible for a permanent resident visa, any foreign national should file an application for Immigration. The CIC (Citizenship Immigration Canada), which is also known as the Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) verifies those applications and grant permission of the visa to only those who are eligible. The PR card will make you eligible to apply for permanent Canadian citizenship once you live in the country for 5 years. Before you go ahead and apply for a Canada Permanent Residence card, make sure that you are fully aware of all the requirements for the process, as per the statement by the Canadian federal government.
Know the key benefits of applying for the Canada Permanent Residency Visa
Canada is a developed country and it continues to flourish in several aspects. In terms of both economy and territory, Canada is flamboyant. The country provides a number of extraordinary opportunities for growth and welcomes global immigrants with wide arms. With the permanent residency status, comes a lot of lifestyle benefits along with some commendable immigrant rights, most of which are relevant to those enjoyed by the permanent citizens of the state.
Let us check some of the Major Benefits received by the Canada PR Visa holder:
- You are entitled to the right of permanent residence anywhere in Canada.
- You may study or/and work anywhere within the Canadian province, based on your Permanent Residence card.
- You might also sponsor your family members who are eligible for the same.
- Once you become eligible, you may apply for Canadian citizenship. For that, you need to live in Canada for a minimum period of 5 years, which is now possible with the PR Visa.
- No matter how much money you earn outside of Canada, you don’t require paying any tax on that amount to the Canadian government. Similarly, you need to pay taxes if your income is based in India.
- Just like a native citizen, you will get access to subsidised education
- As a holder of Canadian PR Visa, you are entitled to several social as well as family security services, implemented by the Canadian government.
- Old of a PR visa for Canada and move to the country, you would be eligible to receive unemployment wages. This is applicable only in case you spend a specific time in the country without being able to secure a job.
- You will receive protection under Canadian law.
Key Documents required for applying for Canada Permanent Residence Visa:
- All your educational documents and valid work experience documents.
- You must get hold of the ECA (Educational Credential Assessment)
- You also need to go through a Skills Assessment test and prove yourself eligible by scoring a minimum amount of marks
- Make sure that you pass the language proficiency test, like IELTS, PTE etc
- You must also assure the Visa authority that you have enough funds required for supporting your application process.
- A valid identity proof is required. Voter ID, Aadhar Card, Ration Card, Passport, etc. should work fine for this purpose.
- You must also assess your health and character. The Visa authority would require a health and character clearance certificate for confirming your application.
If you feel overwhelmed by the documentation process, feel free to consult with any of the experienced Immigration Consultants.
Click here to learn more about: Immigration consultants in Delhi