MINISTERIAL INSTRUCTIONS RESPECTING INVITATIONS TO APPLY FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE UNDER THE EXPRESS ENTRY SYSTEM (FEBRUARY 7, 2018)
1 The following definitions apply in these Instructions.
- eligible foreign national
- means a foreign national whose expression of interest is in the express entry pool established by the Express Entry Instructions.
- Express Entry Instructions
- means the Ministerial Instructions Respecting the Express Entry System, as published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, on December 1, 2014, as amended from time to time.
- general ranking
- means the ranking of eligible foreign nationals relative to each other, regardless of the class under which they can receive an invitation.
- has the same meaning as in section 1 of the Express Entry Instructions.
Invitations — Period
2 Invitations may be issued under these Ministerial Instructions during the period beginning on February 7, 2018, and ending on February 8, 2018.
Invitations — Number
3 The number of invitations that may be issued is 3,000.
Invitations — Rank
4 For an eligible foreign national to be invited to make an application, they must be ranked among the first 3,000 eligible foreign nationals in the general ranking.