A Guide to Pursue MBA in Canada without GMAT: All Essential Key Factors
Are you dreaming of pursuing an MBA in Canada but haven't acquired GMAT yet? No doubt, completing your MBA in Canada provides you a staircase toward success. It provides an abundance of opportunities and it is quite affordable to reside in Canada when compared to the UK and USA. You should know that you are not alone, numerous people have not completed the GMAT and yet they want to pursue MBA in Canada without GMAT. What if we tell you that it can be possible? Sounds good, right?
MBA in Canada without GMAT
MBA in Canada is approximately a 1-2 year long Postgraduate Degree available in diverse specializations such as Marketing, Finance, Business Analytics, and so on. We know that various universities in Canada require a GMAT. However, there are some universities where you can pursue an MBA even without the GMAT exam. Let us clear the air for you!
Is the GMAT exam required in Canada? - The answer is mostly Yes, but not all! Most of the Business schools or Universities in Canada essentially require GMAT or we can say GRE scores. The essential requirements of most of the universities are GMAT, IELTS, Work experience, Statement of Purpose, LOR, and the Resume along with various other things. Each University has its guidelines regarding the GMAT exam, some of them require a GMAT score of 500 up to 600, while some universities provide admission at the lower scores as well.
As you all know, doing a Master of Business Administration in Canada is considered to be a big deal, which is why numerous universities offer students the opportunity to get admission even without the GMAT. To provide flexibility to all learners, there are various types of MBA programs offered in Canada. These are:
- Full-time MBA
- Part-time MBA
- Executive MBA
- Online programs for MBA
- Dual degree MBA
- Specialized MBA
- MBA with co-op
Pursue MBA in Canada without GMAT
Talking about the MBA in Canada without GMAT, the candidates who have completed their Undergraduate Degree in a relevant field, with a minimum score of 3.0 out of 4 GPA from an accredited university are eligible to apply. Let us give you some names of such Universities!
Top Universities offering MBA without GMAT in Canada
International Business University (IBU)
The MBA programs by IBU incorporate world-class course material to provide a competent learning experience to students and help them become the next generation of business executives. The GMAT requirements are waived for applicants who have 3 years of relevant work experience.
Vancouver Island University
The Masters of Business Administration program at VIU inspires many learners to become experts and be able to meet the challenges of an impactfully digital and complex interconnected world. They are making leaders for tomorrow. There are no requirements for the GMAT exam.
University Canada West
MBA programs offered by UCW prepare students for global success, in an enhanced learning environment. The course structure is divided into four tiers that progressively develop the skill set of an individual. You need an IELTS of at least 6.5 and a GPA of 3.0.
University of Toronto
Their full-time MBA program provides business fundamentals along with hands-on learning possibilities and prepares the students to become future leaders.
Thompson Rivers University
This university invites students to pursue the MBA course on campus or online. Thompson River University usually provides a 2-year format and a student with a minimum of 3.0 GPA can get admission.
New York Institute of Technology (NYIT)
Via its MBA program, NYIT helps students to connect with successful businesses worldwide. Located in Vancouver, this university requires an undergraduate degree as well as a 3.0 GPA.
Along with these, several other Universities offer MBA in Canada without GMAT such as Lakehead University, Ivey Business School, Schulich School of Business, York University, Queen's University, and many more.
Now that we have covered the top universities for pursuing MBA in Canada without GMAT exam, let us point down some required eligibility for MBA colleges in Canada, particularly for Indian students.
Eligibility for MBA in Canada for Indian students
As mentioned above, every individual University has their own specific rules of requirement that must be fulfilled by the students in order to get the admission. Some of the basic requirements that you have to fulfill are:
- GPA scores in Bachelors: To pursue MBA in Canada without GMAT, you should have a good GPA score of about 3 or 3.5. It is a score that will work in your favor for you in order to get admission.
- Work Experience- The next eligibility for MBA in Canada for Indian students is work experience. You should have more than 3 years of experience (sometimes it can be 5 years). Further you should take a note that your experience should be relevant to your specific field.
- An interesting CV- CV is important in every other field and so does here. The top MBA colleges in Canada without GMAT require a remarkable resume. Take a note that your resume should include your paid internships during your Under Graduation. Further, it should include the skills that you have in order to impress the decision makers at the universities.
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)- You must submit an SOP when you are applying for MBA colleges in Canada without GMAT. Your SOP should incorporate your personal and professional achievements.
- Letter of Recommendation (LOR)- Try to get a Letter of Recommendations from your previous recruiters. This will help you get into the best universities in Canada and it will place you as a prominent candidate.
- CFA exam: There are many universities in Canada which provide admission for MBA without GMAT, however, a few universities like University of Toronto prefer students who have passed the CFA exam.
The above mentioned are some of the requirements that you should fulfill to get admission an MBA without GMAT. Could you make sure that you tick off each of them before applying for the MBA without GMAT exam? If you need help in any step of the way, our expert consultants at Ira Immigration
are here to make the process easy for you.
How to apply for an MBA in Canada without a GMAT?
- First of all, you should have work experience of about 3 to 5 years and you must fulfill all the eligibility requirements.
- Check and fulfill the English language proficiency requirement.
- The next step should be submitting all the necessary documents on the official website of the university.
- Then, there is an interview with the admission committee.
- Once the applicant is accepted, they can apply for a student visa.
Need Help in the Process? Ira Immigration can assist!
Our professionals at Ira Immigration are here to solve your every doubt. Ira Immigration is a leading visa immigration consultant company and aims to provide the best possible services. If you are a student seeking to get an MBA in Canada without a GMAT, we are here to help you every step of the way.
From application forms, and checklists of essential documents, to important updates and follow-ups, we make sure that the process is smooth and competent. So, what are you waiting for? Let's get started today!