Those of you who want to migrate to Canada have to submit many documents. One of the most important documents is the IELTS test score result. You have to try and score more on the language proficiency test as it has lots of weight age. Some of you who have a score of 6.5 might be wondering is 6.5 A good score in IELTS for Canada?
So, what is a good IELTS score?
- The IELTS score which gives an idea about the English language proficiency of the candidate is very important for those of you who want to move to Canada. This score is in the range of 1 to 9.
- Those candidates who have a score of 9 are considered to be experts in English. Those candidates who have a score of 1 are considered as “non-users” A score of 8 is also considered to be a very good score.
- A score of 7 is considered as a Good user and a score of around 6 to 6.5 is considered as a competent user.
- Skilled workers who want to apply for the Federal Skilled worker program or international students who want to pursue higher studies in Canada must try and score well in the IELTS exam.
- A higher score will help the candidate get more points in the express entry system which can help the candidate get a better ranking in the express entry pool. This in turn will improve the chances of the candidate getting selected in the express entry draw.
Is 6.5 A good score in IELTS for Canada?
6.5 IELTS score can be considered as a fairly good score and the candidate is considered as a competent user. But with a score of 7, you will be considered a good user of English. Therefore you must try and improve your IELTS score.
The next question is how to improve your score?
- If you have an IELTS score of 6.5 and you want to get a score of 7 then you have to put in just a few efforts.
- You have to check where you have scored less and get an idea about your weak point.
- That us check if you need to improve your spelling or whether you have missed out on answering all the components due to which you have a low score.
- Once you have an idea about why you have scored a bit less then you can focus on that aspect and improve your IELTS band score.
For more information about IELTS score take advice from experts:
It is always better to get complete information about the IELTS examination pattern and how the points are given before you attempt the exam. If there is confusion then it is better that you take advice from experts in this regard.