An overview of Family-Visitor Visa for the UK
A person needs to apply as a family Visitor if
- He wants to visit a family member who resides in the United Kingdom
- He lives outside of the European Economic Area and Switzerland
- He fulfills the other eligibility criteria
Find out about your eligibility
The applicant needs to make sure that he fulfills the given criteria before initiating the visa process.
- The applicant should be 18 years of age or more
- The duration of his visit should be 6 months.
- He needs to leave the UK and come back to settle in his own country at the end of his stay period
- The applicant should have enough finances to support his stay.
- He also needs to have social and economic ties in his home country to establish a strong reason for his return
The term ‘family’ constitutes the following family members.
- Siblings or parents
- Grandchildren or grandparents
This visa is only granted to meet the people residing in the United Kingdom as its legal citizens. If the person is granted an asylum or is under the humanitarian protection, then also, the applicant is allowed to visit him.
If the applicant fulfills all the above requirements, then he can apply for the visa. If his application gets selected, then he will need to appear for an interview with a consular officer.
The following documents are required at the time of the interview
- A valid true identification or proof of the citizenship in the home country.
- Documents supporting the financial ability to travel and stay in the United Kingdom.
- A detailed itinerary demonstrating your travel and stay plans.
- Two identical colored passport size photographs.
The applicant also needs to have documents pertaining to the family living there such as an invitation letter from them, documents supporting their residency and its situation.
Activities not allowed
The person visiting the UK on a Family Visitor Visa is not allowed to do the following
- Study for more than 30 days.
- Get married or register a civil partnership
- Get a specific medical treatment
- Change to any other kind of Visa
- Bring any dependents along on the trip
- To benefit from any public fund during your stay in the United Kingdom.
Apply as a Family Visitor for the UK
You can apply for a family visitor visa with us. Our roster of experienced professionals in the field of visa acquisition process will assist you at every step. We will be with you in your pursuits and make them as convenient as possible.
- Canada Immigration
- SINP In-Demand Occupation List
- Canada PR Visa
- Quebec Immigration
- Nova Scotia Occupation List
- National Occupational Classification
- Canada Tourist Visa
- Comprehensive Ranking System
- Canada FSW Program
- Canada Entrepreneur Program