Courses in Canada after 12th Non Medical
After 12th science MBBS is not the only field that you can choose. There are many other non-medical courses that you can choose. If you have plans to pursue higher studies in Canada then also there are many different courses in Canada after 12th non-medical. You have to simply choose the course that is of your academic interest and you have to be eligible for the course.
Check why it is a good idea to pursue higher studies in Canada:
If you are planning to pursue a non-medical course in a foreign country after your 12th standard then you have to choose Canada and there are many reasons for the same. Listed below are some of the reasons why many Indian students go to Canada for higher studies:
- The education system of Canada is excellent and the Canadian education system is considered of global standards.
- Canada has many universities that recognized across the globe
- Once you complete your education at a Canadian university then there is no dearth of good job opportunities.
- Canada is a safe country for students and the crime rate in this country is low.
- You will find that many Indian students studying in different Canadian Universities.
- In Canada, one can lead a quality life and this is one country where foreign students feel comfortable.
- Students from across the globe study in Canada and hence Indian students get an opportunity to increase the global network in this country.
Check which non-medical courses are available after 12th in Canada:
There are many different courses in Canada after 12th non-medical and a few such courses are listed below. What the student needs to understand here is that he has to check whether he is eligible to apply for a particular course and he also needs to check the procedure for applying for a particular course in the university in Canada.
You can choose the course bachelor of technology and in this course, there are different specializations like:
- Informatics and security
- Software development
- Computer science
You can also choose the option of bachelor of engineering and in this also there are different specializations and some of them are mentioned below:
- Building system engineering
- Electronic system engineering
- Mechanical system engineering
- Power system engineering
There are also courses like bachelor of applied technology in architecture that you can think about. There are also IT and networking courses which non-medical students can pursue in Canada. There are also many different diploma programmes that one can think of pursuing in Canada and some of these diploma programmes are listed below:
- Electromechanical engineering technology- Automation
- Electronics engineer technician
- Electrical engineering technology
- Mechanical engineering technician- tool design
- Mechanical engineering technology in building sciences
- Mechanical engineering technology industrial design
- Mechanical technician CNC programming
- Energy system engineering technology
- Computer programmer
- Computer programmer and analysis
- Computer system technician
- Computer system technology
- Civil Engineering technician
- Civil engineering technology
- Computer engineering technology
Always keep in mind that you must check the eligibility criteria of the course and only then apply for the same.
Overview of basic formalities to apply for a non-medical course in Canada after the 12th standard:
- You have to apply to a designated university in Canada where you want to pursue the course of your choice.
- Along with the application form the applicant has to submit transcripts and the 10th and 12th mark sheets also have to be submitted along with the application form.
- The applicant also has to submit his resume which gives the details of academic performance, extracurricular activities etc.
- The statement of purpose is one of the most important documents that the applicant has to submit along with the application form to the university. The applicant has to mention the details like why he wants to study at this university and the reason for choosing the course etc.
- 2 letters of recommendation also need to be submitted along with the application form to the university.
- The applicant has to submit a medical certificate to show that he is not suffering from any contagious disease and is in the best of health.
- A police verification certificate also has to be submitted to show that the applicant does not have any criminal records.
- It is also mandatory for the applicant to submit the proof of funds to show that he can pay the fees of the course.
- The applicant has to submit English and/or French language proficiency test scores and it is always better that the test scores are high. If the student has proficiency in both languages then it can be an added advantage.
- The university will review your application and if you are selected then the university will issue a letter of acceptance. Once you get this letter of acceptance from the designated foreign university then you can apply for a Canadian student visa
How to apply for a Canada student visa?
If you want to pursue one of the courses in Canada after 12th non-medical then you have to first get the letter of acceptance from the designated foreign university where you want to study and only then you can apply for a Canadian student visa. Once you get the Canada student visa then you can go to Canada for pursuing the course. Here are the steps to apply for a Canadian student visa from India:
- The applicant has to submit his valid passport and so if you do not have a passport then apply for one right away.
- The applicant also has to submit photographs that are as per the specifications.
- The applicant has to submit a letter of acceptance from the designated university
- Proof of funds is a very important aspect of the student visa and it is to prove that the applicant has enough funds to pay the course fees and that he can also support himself during his stay in Canada.
- A medical certificate and police verification are also two very important documents that have to be submitted by the applicant for the student visa.
- The applicant has to submit English and/or French language proficiency test scores along with the visa application form.
- The applicant has to pay non-refundable visa fees and the receipt has to be submitted along with the visa application form.
Overall many formalities have to be completed and you have to make sure that you submit all the documents that are requested by the visa authorities. If there is a delay in the submission of any document then there will be a delay in the processing of the Canada student visa. If you fail to submit all the documents that are requested by the visa authorities then your visa application can get rejected and then you have to go through all the visa application hassles all over again.
If you want to avoid this type of situation then it is better that you take assistance from one of the best visa and immigration companies in India. IRA immigration is one of the top visa and immigration companies in India and has been providing excellent visa and immigration services for many years. They have a successful track record and have a dedicated team of Canada immigration consultants. If you want to pursue one of the best courses in Canada after 12th non-medical and for this, you have to apply for a Canada visa and then connect with IRA immigration.