Canadian Experience Class Visa- All Essential Details
Canada is one of the most popular countries when it comes to pursuing higher studies, getting a job, or even residing there permanently. It's a country that acknowledges the existing working immigrants and invites them to settle there permanently. You must have heard of the Canadian Experience Class Visa. It is a Canadian Experience Class immigration program that provides a chance to get Permanent Residence (PR) for those who have already spent their time in Canada gaining professional experience, for at least 1 year. CEC is one of the programs that comes under the Canada Express Entry. All three programs are:
- Federal Skilled Trades Program or FSTP
- Canadian Experience Class or CEC
- Federal Skilled Worker Program or FSWP
Talking about Canadian Experience Class (CEC), is a part of the Canada Express Entry Immigration program. One of the benefits of the Canadian Experience Class Visa is that it requires minimal documentation and applications are usually quickly processed. Canadian Experience Class immigration program is a point-based system in which Canada invites candidates who have a high ranking in the Canada Express Entry pool. It provides immigration to the students or working professionals who are willing to migrate to Canada.
Now, let us mention the eligibility criteria for getting a Canadian Experience Class Visa!
Eligibility Criteria for Canadian Experience Class Visa
1. The candidate applying for an Experience Class visa must have completed 12 months in Canada as a skilled working professional, legally. The occupation must be based on the NOC (National Occupation List of Canada). 1 year or 12 months of experience should be defined as at least 1560 hours of work.
2. The candidate must have the required language levels and their ability in writing, reading, listening, and speaking. The language levels come under two categories.
- Tier 0 or 1, the minimum level is CLB 7.
- Tier 2 or 3, the minimum level is CLB 5.
3. The applicant must plan to live or work outside the province of Quebec. Let us tell you that candidates can stay in Canada throughout the time of their application process. Nevertheless, the Canadian experience class immigration is also obtainable for individuals who are no longer residing in Canada, but they have to submit their application within 3 years of leaving their job in the country.
4. Now coming to the educational requirements, there are no specific requirements. Further, if you want to enhance your rank in the Canada Express Entry program
, then you can do it in two ways, by providing-
- Your Canada high school secondary diploma certificate.
- Another option is to provide your foreign credentials along with an Educational Credentials Assessment report which was provided by your agency and is approved by the CIC (Citizenship and Immigration Canada). The applicants can opt for the language tests that are accredited by IRCC. These tests are:
- IELTS- General, for English
- CELPIP- General, for English
- TEF, for French
- TCF, for French
Apart from this, an applicant should go through the medical exam and get a security clearance. Let us tell you that the processing time for a Canadian Experience Class Visa is approximately about 6 months. Now, let us talk about the cost incurred in the application for a Canadian Experience Class visa.
Cost for the Canadian Experience Class Visa
Many kinds of fees are included to get the CEC visa. Let us list those down.
- Firstly, for the right of permanent residence, the fee is 500 CAD.
- Next is the principal applicant fee which is about 475 CID.
- Further, if the applicant is less than the age of 22 and does not have a spouse or a legal partner, then it is 75 CAD.
- Several other types of fees are included, by diverse circumstances.
Documents needed for Canadian Experience Class Immigration Program
- Identity and Civil Documents
- Travel Documents
- Proof of Canadian Status/ tax documents
- ECA report
- Language Proficiency documents
- Educational Certificates
- Letters regarding Work Experience
- Police Clearance
- Official Job offer, etc.
How to Apply for a Canadian Experience Class Visa?
Now look at the process of getting the CEC visa.
Get a Canadian work permit - To apply for the Canadian Experience Class visa, one has to have a right to work in Canada. It is one of the most important requirements. For some people, the eligibility may come under the International Experience Canada program or an open work permit can be used.
You should work for 1 year - The applicant must have worked in Canada for a minimum of 12 months. This is a basic requirement.
Make sure you meet the Language Demand - The applicant must complete the language test. The candidate who has great abilities in French and English can be rewarded additional points.
Make a Canada Express Entry Profile - Now, it's time to visit the IRCC website. The applicant must provide personal details, majorly are mostly self-assessed. The candidate has to provide proper documentation.
The profile should rank under the CRS - The candidate should have a CRS score, from 60 to 100. The profiles with the Canada Express Entry program will get an additional 600 points if shortlisted. Further, you can improve your CRS score.
An Invitation to Apply - This is a step that makes the candidates happy, getting an invitation to apply for Permanent Residence. The candidate gets 60 days to apply.
Essentials Workables - The candidate should complete a medical test, provide all the security background checks, and submit all the necessary documentation. Further, if the candidate is 18 and above, and has lived in other countries, then they have to provide a police background check from each country.
Reviewing the Application- This is the step where your e-application is being reviewed. You’ll be notified if anything else is required at this stage.
Receive Confirmation- After approximately 6 months, you’ll get the result about the confirmation of the PR. The application gets granted and an officer at a Canadian port of entry signs and dates the document.
Get your PR card - Once the candidate has the confirmation, then they can apply for the PR card. This is the exciting moment when you get your PR card. You can use this card as proof of your status in Canada.
Get your Canadian Experience Class Visa with Ira Immigration
Ira Immigration is one of the leading visa and immigration consultants in Delhi. We have a team of professionals who are well-versed in the comprehensive processes of immigration, whether it’s Canada, USA, UK, Germany, Australia, and many more. From Canada Express Entry to Canadian Experience Class immigration, we’ll make sure that the process will be smooth and easy.
Candidates who have a dream to pursue their education abroad or settle there, can visit us at our office in Janakpuri in Delhi and our branch in Nehru Place, Delhi. You don’t have to stress about the rigid procedure, contact us and we’ll assist you!