Important information about the Ontario Provincial Nominee Program
Ontario is one province in Canada that has several opportunities for the right candidate. Skilled workers, international students, and anyone who has the right education and skills and is willing to settle down in this province must check out the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program.
The labor market needs of this province have been kept in mind while designing this program. The program is mainly designed to attract candidates who can help in the economic development of the country.
A look at the different categories of this provincial nominee program:
There are 3 main categories for this program. Each category is further divided into different streams.
- First is the employer job category. If you want to apply for this category then you need a full-time job offer from an employer from Ontario. This category is further divided into 3 streams. These are the foreign worker stream, International student stream, and In-Demand Skills stream.
- Second is the human capital category. This has 2 categories. One is an international graduate stream which is further divided into a Masters Graduate stream and a Ph.D. stream. The applicant needs to have a bachelor's degree from a recognized Ontario University. The other stream is Ontario Express entry. For this, the candidate needs to have an express entry profile and must get a nomination from the Ontario province. The Ontario express entry is further divided into the French-speaking skilled worker stream, human capital priorities stream, and Skilled Trades stream.
- Last is the Business category which has the entrepreneur stream. This is for entrepreneurs who are looking forward to starting their own business in Ontario or buying an existing business in Ontario.
The application process for the Ontario PNP program:
- First of all, you need to check for which stream you can qualify. You must fulfill all the requirements of that particular stream.
- After selecting the stream the next thing involves filling up the application from the online portal.
- Candidates who are selected will be nominated by the Ontario government. Once the candidate gets the nomination he can apply for the PR visa through the IRCC
A look at the eligibility criteria and requirements of the Ontario Provincial Nominee Program:
Here are some general requirements for this program:
- The candidate needs to have a full-time job offer in an occupation that is in demand in the Ontario province.
- The candidate needs to have at least a diploma or certificate from a recognized university.
- The candidate also needs to have experience in the selected field
- The candidate must be willing to settle down in the Ontario province
- The candidates who are applying under the Ontario express entry program need to have an express entry profile and they need to also meet the requirement of the minimum express entry score.
- All other requirements that are mandatory for the selected stream have to be fulfilled by the candidate in order to qualify for the program.
A look at the most popular stream of Ontario PNP:
- The most popular stream is the Ontario Express entry stream.
- Candidates who are applying under this stream must have an express entry profile. The candidate needs to have a minimum score of 400 points in the comprehensive express entry system.
- The candidate needs to have experience in an occupation that is in demand in this province,
- The candidate needs to have the required educational qualification that is Ph.D. or master's degree or bachelor's degree. If the candidate has completed his education from a foreign university then the candidate needs to submit the Education credential assessment certificate in order to prove that the candidate’s education is at par with that of Canadian Universities.
- In the English language proficiency the candidate must have a Canadian Language Benchmark of CLB 7 or more.
- Any other requirements of the Federal skilled worker program must also be fulfilled by the candidate
If a candidate wants to apply for this popular program then he needs to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- The candidate must first create an express entry profile. The candidate will get an express entry profile number and a job seeker validation code.
- The candidate needs to inform the Ontario province that he or she is interested in settling down in this province.
- If the authorities find that the candidate is suitable then they will send a nomination to the candidate which he needs to accept. The candidate will then get an additional 600 points which will help him get the invitation to apply for a PR visa.
The officials may also search for potential candidates in the express entry pool. Candidates who are as per their requirements may then be selected for the nomination. If the candidate accepts the nomination then he can get additional points. This will help him get the invitation to apply for the PR visa.
For more information about this nominee program connect with IRA immigration:
If you want to apply for a Canada PR visa then you can contact us. We have a dedicated team of Canadian visa experts who will provide all the assistance that you need. Our experts will give you complete information about the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program. They will provide assistance in the completion of all the formalities. Call and speak to our experts right away. Fix an appointment with our immigration advisors now!