Canada Federal Skilled Workers Program

Canada Federal Skilled Workers Program: For all Skilled Workers 

Canada is one of the most prominent places to work and even settle permanently. There are many programs by which you can get a PR in Canada, and one of them is the Canada Federal Skilled Workers program. This program is a part of the Canada Express entry program. Canada Federal Skilled Workers program, which is a point-based program, is one of the best ways to apply for a PR in Canada. The program was launched by Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). This is a 5-year multiple entry Visa and it allows foreign skilled workers to get occupation and settle in Canada. 

For the Federal Skilled Workers program in Canada, a candidate must meet some basic requirements, which are Skilled work experience and language aptitudes, and the education can be completed outside of Canada. So this sums up as a very great option for those who are living outside of the country. 

Who can apply for the Federal Skilled Workers program?

All the professionals and skilled workers who want to immigrate to Canada permanently can apply through the Federal Skilled Workers program. Applicants can apply with their partners and dependent children. 

Now let us talk about the eligibility requirements for the federal skilled workers program in detail, but first, let’s see the occupation categories. 

Federal Skilled Workers Program Occupations

To apply for the Federal Skilled Workers Program in Canada, an applicant must have work experience in the listed skill types. 

Skill Type 0 ( zero)- This includes management jobs such as retail and wholesale trade managers, restaurant managers, managers in accommodation and food service, etc. 

Skill Level A- This includes professional jobs that need a degree from a University. The jobs are engineering and construction, legal jobs and more. 

Skill Level B- This level includes technical jobs and skill occupations that require a college diploma or equivalent training. These are the jobs that include diplomas. The list includes workers, salespeople, etc. 

Eligibility Requirements

In order to be eligible to submit an application under the Federal Skilled Workers Program in Canada, a candidate must meet the below-mentioned criteria. 

Work Experience- The candidates should have a minimum of 12 months of experience as a skilled worker. This experience should be continuous and in a single occupation. Further, the occupation must come under the list of National Occupation Classification (NOC). 

Language Aptitudes- The candidate should take an approved language test proving that they are proficient in either French or English. The minimum score for the Canadian language benchmark of level 7 is CLB 7. Remember, the higher you score on the language test, the better your chances of getting the PR. 

Education Eligibility- Talking about the education, the candidate must have completed the education which is equal to the completion of the Canadian High School diploma. If the candidate's education is completed outside of Canada then they will need an educational credential assessment which proves the value of their education according to the Canadian standards. 

As per the Federal skilled worker points grade, all the candidates applying for the program must score a minimum of 67 out of 100 points. 

Enough Settlement Funds- One of the most important things is that the candidates should have enough funds to support their settlement in Canada. 

Let's talk about the visa fee. The principal application fee is 825 CAD and the right of permanent residence fee is 500 CAD. Further, there are various types of fees incurred depending on the various factors such as spouse or dependent children. 

Procedure to apply for the Federal Skilled Workers Program in Canada

First of all, check your eligibility and make sure that you meet the minimum requirements. Check whether you are getting a minimum of 67 points for the federal skilled worker point grid. After that, make certain of the following written steps to be accomplished properly. 

Make your Express Entry Profile

The next step is to create your Express Entry Profile, the candidate needs to provide the documentation to IRCC. It includes a valid passport, educational credential assessment, and language proficiency test results. Further, the applicants are also screened for some medical and criminal checks, so in this case, you will require medical examination reports and a police clearance certificate along with the work experience letters. 

Receive an Application to Apply

If you are successful in getting an Invitation to apply (ITA) for Canadian PR, you will have 60 days to submit an e-application for permanent residency. 

Review your Application and get the Canadian PR

Now, at this step, the immigration officer will review your application and check whether all the information is sufficient. If everything goes well then your application will be approved and a confirmation regarding the permanent residency document will be sent.

Apply for a PR Card

This is a step where you apply for your PR card, once you have your confirmation. If you travel outside Canada then you can use this card as proof of your status in Canada. 

Let us mention that most of the applicants get processed completely within the period of 4 to 6 months.

Let Ira Immigration help you!  

As we have cleared the concept of the Federal Skilled Workers Program in Canada, let us make the application process even easier for you. Our professionals at Ira Immigration are well-equipped and experienced in the immigration process. They are well-versed with the complexity of these programs, and here to assist you. 

Ira Immigration is a leading visa and immigration company in Delhi, we provide various services. If you are someone who wants to get a PR visa in Canada, Australia, the UK, or Germany, we are here to help you. From application forms, eligibility criteria, checklist of necessary documents,, to important updates and follow-ups, we make sure that there is nothing important left behind. So let's get started today. Contact us or visit our branch! 

Frequently Asked Questions

To apply for the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) in Canada, follow these steps:

1. Determine Eligibility: Check if you meet the eligibility criteria, including having at least one year of skilled work experience, language proficiency in English or French, and meeting the minimum requirements for education and settlement funds.

2. Take a Language Test: Take an approved language test to demonstrate your proficiency in English or French.

3. Obtain an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA): If your education was obtained outside of Canada, you may need to obtain an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) to prove the equivalency of your foreign education.

4. Create an Express Entry Profile: Create an online profile through the Express Entry system, where you will provide information about your skills, work experience, language proficiency, education, and other relevant details.

5. Receive Invitation to Apply (ITA): If you meet the eligibility criteria and have a competitive Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score, you may receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for permanent residency through the FSWP during an Express Entry draw.

6. Submit Application: Once you receive an ITA, submit your application for permanent residency within the specified timeframe, including all required documents and fees.

7. Complete Medical and Security Checks: Undergo medical examinations and provide police clearance certificates as part of the application process.

8. Receive Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR): If your application is approved, you will receive a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR), allowing you to immigrate to Canada as a permanent resident.

If your score is 67 points or above, you may be eligible for the Federal Skilled Worker Program. You can then create a profile in the Express Entry pool. However, if your score is lower than 67 points, you will not meet the program^s requirements.

1. Have at least one year of continuous full-time (or an equivalent amount in part-time) skilled work experience in an eligible occupation.

2. Meet language proficiency requirements in English or French.

3. Have completed at least a Canadian high school diploma or a foreign equivalent.

4. Can demonstrate their ability to support themselves and any accompanying family members financially during their stay in Canada.

5. Meet any additional criteria specified by the specific skilled worker visa program they are applying under, such as the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) or a provincial nominee program (PNP).

Processing times for FSW applications range from 6 to 12 months.

Yes, there are educational requirements for the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) in Canada. To be eligible for the FSWP, candidates typically need to have completed at least a Canadian high school diploma or a foreign equivalent. Additionally, candidates may need to obtain an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) to prove the equivalency of their foreign education if required by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Express Entry is a system used by the Canadian government to manage applications for immigration to Canada through various economic immigration programs, including the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP). The FSWP is one of the programs managed through Express Entry and is specifically for skilled workers who want to immigrate to Canada permanently. So, while Express Entry is the system for managing applications, the Federal Skilled Worker Program is one of the immigration pathways within that system.

Yes, applicants under the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) in Canada are generally required to show proof of funds as part of their application, unless they are currently authorized to work in Canada and have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada. The proof of funds requirement is intended to demonstrate that applicants have enough money to support themselves and their family members during their initial settlement in Canada.

Free Immigration Assessment

Find out your options for visa by completing a free online assessment.