Find the Top Medical colleges in Canada
One of the best countries where one can pursue an MBBS course in Canada. You can check with a good visa and immigration company about some of the best medical colleges in Canada and you can also find out the details about how to apply for a student visa for Canada so that you can go and study in Canada.
There are so many advantages of studying in Canada:
Not just MBBS but there are many other courses offered by the Canadian universities and there are many benefits of studying in Canada
- Many Canadian universities are recognized globally and they offer many different courses.
- Canada is a safe country for students the crime rate of this country is low and the law and order situation is good.
- The infrastructure of Canada is excellent and the students get to lead a quality life in Canada.
- There is no dearth of good career opportunities once you complete your education at a good university in Canada.
Want to know the advantages of studying MBBS in Canada?
Before we list down the names of some of the best medical colleges in Canada let us take a look at the advantages of studying MBBS in Canada.
- The MBBS course offered by Canadian universities is recognized globally.
- The medical colleges in Canada have very good infrastructure and the students get to work in well-equipped laboratories the MBBS course that is taught in Canada covers all the important and latest details about medical science.
- As compared to many other countries the MBBS course fees in Canada are less but the level of the course is of global standards.
- Students get one of the best experiences of their life when they study in Canada and they can get very good career opportunities and they can also start their practice once they complete the course.
- The Indian medical students in Canada get very good research opportunities and they also get to interact with medical students from different countries.
Check out the list of some of the reputed medical colleges in Canada:
- University of Toronto
- McGill University
- McMaster University
- University of Alberta
- University of British Columbia
- University of Calgary
- University of Ottawa
- Dalhousie University
- Université de Sherbrooke
- Queens University, Kingston
University of Toronto:
- This is one of the best medical colleges in Canada and how MBBS is taught in this university is truly outstanding.
- The courses offered by this university are MD/Ph.D. ( Doctor of Medicine), Medical Sciences ( Biology of COVID-19, Basic human Physiology, etc)
- The duration of the course at this university is 4 years.
- McGill University has 2 campuses and the medicine course is offered by the university at the Montreal campus.
- This is one of the best colleges where international students can pursue the MBBS course and the courses offered by this university are M.D., C.M., MDCM & PhD,M.D.,C.M. program for International Medical Graduates (IMG), Med-P Qualifying Year.
- The duration of the MBBS course at this university is 4 years.
- McMaster University is also a very popular university among international students who want to pursue the MBBS course in Canada.
- The medicine courses offered by this university are MD/PhD and the duration of the course is 3 years.
University of Alberta:
- The University of Alberta is one of the most prestigious medical institutions in Canada and this university has many different residency programmes this is one university which offers very good research opportunities to international students.
- The courses offered are MD and School of Dentistry and the duration of the MBBS course at this university is 4 years.
University of British Columbia:
- In this university, the courses have been designed in such a way that the emphasis is more on the amalgamation of medical learning with scientific knowledge.
- The course that this university offers is Doctor of Medicine or MD and the duration of the course is 4 years.
University of Calgary:
- In this university, you will find that there are many different specialization courses and programmes for medical students and this is also one of the best universities for doing medicine courses.
- The courses offered by this university are MD, Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Master of Science (MSc), Master of Biomedical Technology (MBT), Master of Disability and Community Studies (MDCS), Master of Pathologists’ Assistant (MPath), Master of Precision Health and the duration of the different courses is in the range of 4 to 8 years.
University of Ottawa:
- This university is globally recognised as one of the largest bilingual universities and here courses are offered in English and French language.
- The courses offered by this university are MD/Ph.D, Bachelor of Science, Masters of Science ( Translational, Molecular Medicine, NeuroScience, Microbiology, etc) and the course duration is 4 years.
Some of the best medical courses are offered by this university in Canada.
This university has courses like MD ( Doctor of Medicine), Residency Training, and Continuing Professional Development. MSc & PhD in Medical Neuroscience, etc) and the duration of the course is 4 years.
Université de Sherbrooke:
- This is also one of the best medical colleges in Canada and it is located in Quebec and this university is a French-speaking institute. So, if you want to pursue a medical course in this college then you must have proven proficiency in the French language.
- This university has 3 campuses and the medical courses are offered by the Heath campus.
- This university offers the MD or Doctor of Medicine course and the duration of the course is 4 years.
Queens University, Kingston:
- This is one of the oldest universities in Canada and this university offers some of the best medical courses in the country.
- The different courses offered by this university are MD ( Doctor of Medicine), PGME (Postgraduate medical education) in Cardiology, Emergency Medicine, etc), MSc, PhD in Biomedical and Molecular Science, Neuroscience, etc and the duration of the course is 4 years.
The eligibility criteria for doing MBBS in Canada:
- For doing the MBBS course in Canada the candidate has to be a student of science with biology as one of the subjects.
- Indian students must pass the NEET examination if they want to pursue an MBBS course in Canada.
- The applicant also has to pass the Medical College Admission Test.
- The candidate has to submit the English proficiency test scores.
The MBBS admission process in Canada for international students:
- You have to submit the application form for the MBBS course to the University or college where you plan to pursue the course.
- Along with the admission form,you also have to submit several different documents that are requested by the college or University.
- The college authorities will verify the application form and the documents that are submitted by the student.
- Next,you have to appear for a round of interviews which is conducted by the admission committee of the University or college.
- If you clear the interview and you are shortlisted for getting admission to the college or university then you will be given a letter of acceptance by the college or university and this is a very important document that the student will need at the time of applying for the Canada student visa. Without the letter of acceptance, the student cannot apply for a Canadian student visa.
- The final confirmation is given by the University to the student only you get the visa clearance.
Check the details of the documents that have to be submitted while applying for the MBBS course in Canada:
- Transcripts that give details about the marks scored by the student have to be submitted to the college.
- The applicant has to submit the medical certificate which certifies that the student is in the best of health also has to be submitted.
- 2 letters of recommendation also have to be submitted by the applicant along with the application.
- Statement of Purpose in which the student has to write about himself and also give details about the reasons for choosing this college or University has to be submitted. Students need to keep in mind that this is one of the most important documents in the admission procedure and it needs to be written well.
- The applicant has to submit passport size photographs along with the application form and he also needs to provide the proof of funds to show that he can pay the course fees.
- English proficiency test scores have to be submitted by the student along with the admission form.
Do you have the acceptance letter from the university? Then apply for the Canada student visa now!
- The student can apply for the student visa once he gets the letter of acceptance from the college or university where he plans to do the MBBS course.
- The applicant has to have a valid passport and he also has to submit photographs for the visa.
- The student must submit proof of funds to show that he can pay the course fees and that he can also bear the living cost during his stay in Canada.
- The applicant has to submit a medical certificate and police verification certificate
If you want the best guidance and need more information about the best medical colleges in Canada then connect with IRA immigration. This is one of the top visa and immigration companies in India.