Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489)
This visa allows skilled workers to live and work in specified regional areas in Australia for up to four years. To being eligible Under subclass 489, you need a sponsorship by either a relative living in a designated area or a State or Territory Government.
- Nominated by an Australian State or Territory government agency or sponsored by an eligible relative living in an area.
- Be younger than 50 years of age when you are invited to apply.
- Nominate an occupation that matches your skills and qualifications and is on the relevant Skilled Occupation List (SOL)
- Have your skills assessed by the relevant assessing authority.
- Have at least competent English
- Score at least 60 Points.
- Meet the health and character requirements.
You can include the following types of family members in your application:
- Temporarily live in that regional area in Australia
- Temporarily work in that regional area in Australia
- Study in a specified regional area in Australia
- Travel in and out of Australia while the visa is valid
- Apply for permanent residence Later
Please book an appointment with our immigration experts if you need assistance with your Skilled Independent visa application.