Express Entry candidates among the 338 immigration candidates invited February 21
Manitoba has invited another 338 Skilled Workers Overseas candidates in the province’s second draw through the popular stream in six days.
An unspecified number of Express Entry candidates were among the Skilled Workers Overseas candidates invited in the February 21 draw, which brought the number of invitations issued by the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program(MPNP) so far this year to 1,864.
Canada’s Express Entry system manages the pool of candidates for three of the country’s main economic immigration programs — the Federal Skilled Worker Class, Federal Skilled Trades Class and the Canadian Experience Class.
Express Entry candidates with a provincial nomination receive an additional 600 points toward their Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score.
In order to be considered for a provincial nomination from Manitoba, Express Entry candidates must register a separate Expression of Interest (EOI) profile with the MPNP, which is then scored based on the province’s unique points grid.
The MPNP said Express Entry candidates invited in the February 21 draw had a minimum score of 566 on this grid and were required to have:
- a valid Express Entry ID and job-seeker validation code; and
- at least six months of recent experience in a profession on the province’s In-Demand Occupations List.
Invitations were also issued to Skilled Workers Overseas candidates with the following:
- a close relative in Manitoba or past education or work experience in the province;
- at least six months of recent work experience in a profession on Manitoba’s In-Demand Occupations List; and
- a minimum language proficiency in English or French of CLB/NCLC 5 unless the work experience is primarily in a regulated occupation, in which case the requirement is a minimum of CLB/NCLC 7, or a compulsory trade, in which case the minimum is CLB/NCLC 6.
Source : https://www.cicnews.com/2019/02/manitoba-holds-second-skilled-workers-overseas-draw-in-six-days-0211925.html#gs.oz5HJtSE