Australia Skilled Workers Occupation List
Australia provides a number of visa options for skilled professionals who are keen to migrate and work in Australia. The aspirant needs to opt for the right visa category and the right occupation from the list to realize his dream of settling for good in Australia.
Skilled occupations and changes that are made to it
The list of visa categories which are specifically designed for the skilled professional is mentioned below
- Training visa (subclass 407)
- Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457)
- Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) – Graduate Work
- Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489)
- Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186) – Direct Entry Stream
- Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189) – Points-tested stream
- Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (subclass 187) – Direct Entry Stream
- Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190)
Each visa category has a particular Australia Skilled Workers Occupation List. The aspirant is expected to opt for the right occupation from the list at the time of submitting the application. The Department of Jobs and Small Business will go through the list after every six months. They will make changes to list depending on the demand for skilled labour in the Australian job market. They will also take in to account any variations in the job market in the different regions of Australia. Based on all these inputs and surveys the necessary changes will be made.
In order to select the right visa category one needs to first go through the combined current list of eligible skilled occupations. Depending on the occupation that one is currently involved the visa category needs to be selected.
Different details provided by the Skilled Occupation list
This list is in an alphabetical order and it provides the following information
Details that the list will not provide
It will not give any information about the occupations that are included for the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (subclass 187) – Direct Entry, for which all ANZSCO skill level 1 to 3 occupations are available except for the Minister of Religion (ANZSCO 272211).
- The Temporary Residence Transition stream of the subclass 186 and 187 visa category does not have any skilled occupation pre requisite and hence the same is not included in this list.
We at IRA immigration are committed to provide the best immigration and visa services to all our customers. We can understand completely that it can be very difficult for you to know the exact occupation list for a particular visa category. But if you choose us as your immigration service provider then you have nothing to worry. Just get in touch with us and based on your requirement we will help you select the correct visa category. Here is how we can help you.
Selection of the right visa category for skilled professionals
- Selection of the correct occupation from the skilled occupation list
- Complete, correct and latest skills occupation list
- Procedure and documentation formalities of each of the visa categories explained correctly
- Complete assistance in the entire visa procedure.