Overview of Australian visa Sublcass 189
Overview of Australian visa Sublcass 189
Planning to make a career in Australia? You have made one of the best decisions of your life. Australia is one country that has some of the best job opportunities for people with the right qualification and experience. Skilled workers who want to move to Australia can consider the subclass 189 visa Australia.
What is the subclass 189?
This visa is for those skilled workers who have not been sponsored by the employer, a state or territory, or a family member. With this visa, the visa holder and can live and work in any part of Australia.
Benefits of subclass 189:
- The visa holder can stay in Australia permanently
- The visa holder can work and study in Australia
- The visa holder can take advantage of the Medicare which is the public health scheme
- The visa holder can also sponsor relatives who are eligible to come to Australia
- The visa holder can travel to and from Australia for 5 years
- In future, the visa holder can apply for the citizenship of Australia
A look at the basic requirements of subclass 189:
- The candidate has to be less than 45 years of age.
- The candidate needs to be involved in and occupation and must have skills in an occupation that has been listed in the relevant Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL).
- The applicant has to first get his skills assessed by an authorized skills assessment entity.
- The candidate must score a minimum of 65 points in the points grid.
- The candidate must have the required English language proficiency skills.
- The candidate needs to be in good health
- The candidate also needs to have a good character and must not have any criminal records
Application steps for Australia PR Visa subclass 189:
- The first step is an assessment of the skills of the applicant. This will be done by an authorised government body. This is to basically show that the candidate has the relevant skills in the selected occupation. Only if you have the relevant skills then you can apply for Australia PR visa.
- Once you have passed the skills assessment criteria then you can submit the expression of interest through SkillSelect
- Finally, if the candidate fulfils all the requirements then the candidate will receive an invitation to apply for the visa. Once the applicant gets the invitation to apply for the visa then he needs to submit the application along with all the relevant documents within the specified time.
Details about the aspects for scoring points:
- In order to apply for this visa, the applicant has to get a minimum of 65 points. Now let us take a look at the factors on which the points are dependent.
- In the case of age, the candidate has to be between 18 to 45 years of age. The candidate can score a maximum of 30 points in this factor. The candidates who are in the age group of 25 to 33 years can get a maximum of 30 points.
- In English language skills, the candidate can score maximum of 20 points
- In overseas skilled employment experience outside Australia, the candidate can score a maximum of 15 points. Those candidates who have more than 8 years of experience can score the maximum number of points in this factor.
- In Australian skilled employment, the candidate can score a maximum of 20 points. Those candidates who have 8 or more years of experience can score the maximum points in this factor.
- In education qualification, the candidate can score a maximum of 20 points. The candidate with a Doctorate degree from a recognised university can score the maximum number of points.
- Candidates who meet the Australian study requirement can score maximum of 5 points. The candidate must have at least 1 degree, diploma or trade qualification from an Australian educational institution that meets the Australian study requirement.
- Candidates who have completed a professional year in Australia can score a maximum of 5 points
- If you Hold a recognised qualification in a credentialled community language then you can get 5 points
- If the candidate has an Australian educational institution that satisfies the Australian study requirement obtained while living and studying in an eligible area of regional Australia then the candidate can get 5 points.
- The applicant can score points based on partner skills as well. The candidate needs to complete the requirements for the same.
The processing time for the Subclass 189 visa:
The processing time for the subclass 189 visa may vary from application to application. The main aim of the candidate has to be to ensure that he completes all the formalities properly and there should be no mistakes if he wants to get selected for this visa.
Let us take a look at the documents that are needed for the subclass 189 visa:
If you are thinking of choosing Subclass 189 for immigration to Australia then there are some documents that have to be submitted along with the application. If you are invited to apply for this visa then you have to make sure that you have the below-mentioned documents with you.
- The visa application form and your id proof
- The skills assessment report
- The English language proficiency test scores
- All the relevant documents for skilled employment
- 2 passport-sized photographs as per the specifications
- All the documents of the educational qualification that is the degree, diploma, etc.
- Documents to prove the Australian study requirement and that the applicant has studied in a regional area of Australia (if applicable)
- Documents to prove the qualification, skills, and English language proficiency of the partner
- Documents to show the relationship status that is marriage certificate etc
- Reference letters from employers
- Health certificate to show that the candidate is in the best of health
- Character certificate to prove that the applicant has a good character and is not a potential threat to Australia.
Besides these documents, the candidate will have to submit any other document that is requested by the Australian authorities.
Keep in mind that the process to apply for this visa is a long one and you need to fulfil all the requirements and you need to have all the documents. Failing which your visa application may get rejected and you will have to go through this entire process all over again. If you do not want this to happen to you then it is better to take assistance from immigration consultants.
Get in touch with us for information about subclass 189:
If you want any information about the different types of Australian visas then you must contact us. We are one of the most prolific visas and immigration consultancies in India. We have been providing the best visa services for the past many years.
We have a dedicated team of experts for Australian visas. They have complete information about the different visa categories. They provide all the support that the client needs for submitting the application for the Subclass 189 visa.
Here is how we can help you!
- First of all, connect with our best immigration consultants. Tell them about your exact requirements. Tell us about your goal.
- Our experts will then check if you fulfil the requirements for the Subclass 189. If you are eligible then they will explain to you how to submit the expression of interest in the SkillSelect.
- They will next tell you about the different documents that you need to submit at the time of applying for the visa.
- If your application is selected and you get an invitation to apply for the visa then our experts will explain the formalities that you have to complete.
- You can get assistance for all the online and offline activities for the visa application.
We have our corporate office at Janakpuri in Delhi and we have our branch office at Nehru Place in Delhi. We have one of the best team of experts at both these places. We provide all types of visa and immigration services at both these places. We have a very high success rate and have successfully helped a large number of candidates to apply for different types of Australian visas.
So, if you want to get any important information subclass 189 visas Australia then get in touch with us. You can be sure of getting all the assistance that you need. You can call us and discuss your requirements. You can also walk into any of our offices and tell us about your objective and then we will help you select the correct visa category and will also tell you about the formalities that have to be completed.
- Canada Immigration
- SINP In-Demand Occupation List
- Canada PR Visa
- Quebec Immigration
- Nova Scotia Occupation List
- National Occupational Classification
- Canada Tourist Visa
- Comprehensive Ranking System
- Canada FSW Program
- Canada Entrepreneur Program